JFS2 on freebsd

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Fri Sep 9 22:41:03 PDT 2005

On Fri, 9 Sep 2005, Sergey Babkin wrote:

>> OTOH, updating our ext2 code, or ntfs code (if that's even possible) would
>> be something of use to many people, I suspect.
>
> Why not go for ext3 instead of JFS then? It has
> journaling in it.
>
> -SB

I was thinking that as I wrote it as well, I'm not sure why I didn't state
it.  But before ext3's journalling extensions could be implemented, ext2
would have to be brought up to date.  Also, it would be nice if ext2 could
be reimplemented in BSD licensed code before undergoing that ext3
conversion. :)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack