/usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:20:50 PDT 2005

Jst thought I would mention that this is being used for a series of sites to
support victims of katrina - so if anyone does feel like helping out urgently
it would really be appreciated --

thanks

On Thursday 08 September 2005 17:34,  the author Vizion contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: /usr/ports/www/phpbb --? Makefile query:

>On Thursday 08 September 2005 17:23, you wrote:
>>On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 05:05:41PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>>> The makefile has the following lines:
>>>
>>> PHPBBDIR=	${WWWDOCROOT}/${PHPBBURL}
>>> PKGOPTS=	${FILESDIR}/pkg-opts
>>> EXCEPTFILES=	${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/install.php \
>>> 		${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/upgrade.php \
>>> 		${PREFIX}/${PHPBBDIR}/install/update_to_latest.php
>>>
>>> In my case DocumentRoot is:
>>> WWWDOCROOT?=	/usr2/virtualwebs
>>>
>>> to which the port is adding ${PREFIX}
>>>
>>> which has a local value of /usr/local
>>>
>>> producing attempts to install files with problematic paths such as
>>>
>>> /usr/local//usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org/install/install.php
>>> ^^^^^^
>>>
>>> I wonder, while this is being looked at, whether it might be possible to
>>> have the option, when installing to virtual webs to install to a file
>>> list comprising multiple urls?
>>>
>>> This would be a most valuable option.
>>
>>Installation outside prefix is not supported.  You could set
>>prefix to /usr2
>
>Where is ${PREFIX} set?
>
>>and WWWDOCROOT to virtualwebs to install the key
>>files where you want them.
>
>But does that not mean that I would be getting files that properly belong in
>the /usr/local/ hierarchy in the virtualwebs hierarchy?
>
>>This would cause /usr2 to be populated
>>with the directories given in BSD.local.dist.  Alternativly,
>>you could make /usr/local/www/forumkatrina.org a symlike to
>>/usr2/virtualwebs/forumkatrina.org or something similar.
>
>That would be a good idea but unfortunately there appears to be a bug in the
>latest version of apache2 that makes symlinks problematical and it is not a
>good idea when the files are networked. The other thing is that /usr2/ is a
>different physical device which holds files for replication to duplicate
>physical devices for webfarming.
>
>>Of course, if
>>you want to install it more than once, ports won't work as it.
>>Making phpbb capable of being a slave port and making local ports for each
>
>site could be a good work around for that.
>
>Does anyone know how to fix the Makefile for the port so that it does not
>apply ${PREFIX} when presented with an absolute path such as / but does use
>${PREFIX} when the path is relative.
>
>That would do as a workaround for the moment.
>
>I am  not familiar with makefiles and I would like to ask if someone who is
>used to doing it might be willing to make such a change and commit
>
>thanks
>
>david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.