FreeBSD 6.0 Beta #3 - IDE Problems? (Intel / ICH6 based laptop)

Karl Pielorz kpielorz at tdx.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 08:50:28 PDT 2005

--On 05 September 2005 19:31 +0400 Stanislav Sedov <stas at core.310.ru> wrote:

> Try to disable ACPI - it can helps. There may be some problems with ACPI
> on your laptop - BIOS update sometime helps. But first try to disable ACPI
> during FreeBSD boot.

Latest BIOS on the machine already (apparently published sometime in
August, '05) - No difference at all with ACPI disabled, apart from one PNP
warning [which is understandable] and appeared to be something to do with
the onboard sound.

-Karl

ps. When I said 'slice' in my earlier post, I meant partition - the hard
drive has a WinXP partition, and a FreeBSD partition with the various
slices on it, which Sysinstall doesn't see at all at installation time (in
case anyone was rolling eyes <g>)...