sed not working

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Sep 4 22:32:36 PDT 2005

In message: <20050904194820.GC77285 at cirb503493.alcatel.com.au>
            Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> writes:
: On Sun, 2005-Sep-04 20:17:28 +0300, Rein Kadastik wrote:
: >Andrea Campi wrote:
: >>Actually, the best way forward would probably be to mail Ruslan directly.
:
: Agreed.
:
: >LANG=C would be nice but the character classes should be implemented as
: >well. I would like to be the one who concentrates on that subject but
: >then I need some more information, how to actually do the job because as
: >I understand, these things are quite heavily managed in FreeBSD project.
:
: "find /usr/src -type f | xargs egrep 'a-z|A-Z|0-9'" returns just under
: 3600 hits on -current.  Based on a quick scan, most of these are
: regexps that should be replaced by character classes but someone will
: need to manually work through them all.
:
: I agree with Andrea that you should mail Ruslan directly to discuss
: the best way forward.  A single PR with a patch for all about 3000
: problematic regexps probably couldn't be committed but we don't
: want 3000 PR's about one problem either.

Most of the problems are in contrib sources, which will take some time
to update and correct in our upstream sources.

Warner