sed not working

Rein Kadastik wigry at uninet.ee
Sun Sep 4 10:17:20 PDT 2005

Andrea Campi wrote:

>On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 10:51:26AM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
>

>>>Oh, and by the way: this has nothing to do with hackers@, you should
>>>have tried questions@ first.
>>>

>>I agree this has initially a little to do with -hackers@ but the
>>appearance this thread took in the last messages makes me think
>>the opposite : I think LANG=C should be hard-coded in the buildworld
>>process.
>>

>Well, it was just a "by the way", but I still stand by my opinion. If this
>is a real bug, it should be brought up on current@, where most developers
>hang. hackers@ is by now mostly deserted by people in the know, or at best
>quickly scanned from time to time for subjects that hint at a thread with
>some value. The signal-to-noise ratio on this list is tragically low these
>days...
>
>Actually, the best way forward would probably be to mail Ruslan directly.
>
>Bye,
>	Andrea

LANG=C would be nice but the character classes should be implemented as
well. I would like to be the one who concentrates on that subject but
then I need some more information, how to actually do the job because as
I understand, these things are quite heavily managed in FreeBSD project.

Almost all parts of the FreeBSD source are affected in some way or
another. So it would be nice to have some input from people with more
experience, how to do the thing correctly.

Rein