libmap.conf: mapping directories?

Pascal Hofstee caelian at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:13:34 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-03 at 01:01 +0300, Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> Hi all,
[snip]
> One way: to completely remove RPATH (with chrpath, for example - BTW, this
> is nice enough utility but to make it work with 32-bit objects one has to
> use some workarounds). It's not always convenient, though. Much, much better
> it would be to place ALL of ia32 compat stuff into something like
> /compat/freebsd32 like we do it for Linux stuff, but somehow nobody seems
> to be even remotely interested. And the last way I see (a workaround as
> well but hey, it's better than nothing at all) would be $SUBJECT. So my
> question is: is it possible to map, say, /usr/local/lib to
> /usr/local/lib32 and if yes how do I do it?

There is actually an effort underway right now to make happen exactly
what you suggested: making a /compat/ia32 available with a
freebsd32-syscall table similarly to how we treat Linux.

The last word i got from the main person involved here is they
discovered a few bugs they're trying to iron out at the moment.

The person who can tell you more about that and i am sure would be
thrilled to receive additional testing support goes by the name of
Willow` on ##FreeBSD on the FreeNode IRC-network. Feel free to drop by
sometime.

--
Pascal Hofstee <caelian at gmail.com>