Winbond W83697UF/UG watchdog driver

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Sep 1 19:05:54 PDT 2005

My colleague gabor at sentex.net and I have slapped together a quick and
dirty hardware watchdog driver for boards with the Winbond
W83697UF/UG SuperIO chip.  Its a kld that ties into the existing
watchdog framework.  Its version 1.0 but seems to work just fine.  If
you have a board with such a chip and are willing to try it out, let
me know if it works, or if you think it should work but does
not.  Comments / suggestions for improvement welcome at freebsd-dev at sentex.net

http://www.tancsa.com/itxwd1.0.tgz
There is also a port version
http://www.tancsa.com/watchdog/itxwd-port.tgz

The board we developed it on is a Commwell Mini-ITX MB LV-667E8 and
we used the existing ichwd driver as a template/framework.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike