Very slow writing to SATA disk

Søren Schmidt sos at FreeBSD.ORG
Fri Oct 28 14:52:34 PDT 2005

On 28/10/2005, at 23:45, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

>> Indeed, 55C is way to high for 24/7 usage, and it might be that the
>> drive is choking on it and barely is able to compensate.
>
> The reads are pretty quick... I'd like to be able to spin it down, but
> ataidle is broken :-(

Ask the maintainer to get it fixed, but be warned experience says it
might hose your data...
>> What does SMART say ? any unusual like high correction rates or
>> anything ?

(SMART data deleted)

Well except the excessive temperature nothing out of the ordinary...

Now, you say read speed is OK, but write speed isnt, is that on the
raw disk device or though the filesystem ?

Søren Schmidt
sos at FreeBSD.org