devinfo(3) problem...

Daniel Rudy dr2867 at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 26 10:17:49 PDT 2005

At about the time of 10/25/2005 12:50 PM, victor cruceru stated the
following:
> Hi Daniel,
> Yes, this is the fix. And yes, I think that the bug was reported (at
> least on a mailing list...)
> BTW: I dare to suggest to fully upgrade your system to the "latest"
> 6.0, it is a huge step forward from 5.4. Before doing this you may
> want to give it a try by booting from a CD and check  that your hw is
> fully functional (and detected).

For stability reasons, I don't run the absolute latest software.  When
6.x comes out, I'll wait awhile for the bugs to be worked out before I
migrate to it.  As for hardware, I tend to run FreeBSD on older
hardware, so I don't think that there will be a problem with the
hardware being properly detected.

> To check if it is your mistake or another bug in libdevinfo, you may
> want to run the associated tool (man -k devinfo).
> Hope this helps.

Actually, the devinfo tool was working the whole time.  I tried the
devinfo tool before I decided to use the libdevinfo.so library.  I've
tested it with my code and it is working now with that one line of
additional code.