devinfo(3) problem...

Daniel Rudy dr2867 at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 25 10:47:07 PDT 2005

At about the time of 10/24/2005 7:28 AM, victor cruceru stated the
following:
> Daniel,
> What is the OS version you are using when this is happening?
> Did you try to update the libdevinfo (using cvsup for example) to a
> newer version?
> I think that under the original 5.4 it is a bug in devinfo(4) with the
> described behaviour below.

I'm running 5.4-RELEASE.

When you mentioned that it might be a bug, I went and looked at
/usr/src/lib/libdevinfo/devinfo.c using the cvs web depository.  I found
that devinfo_generation = 0 was added to the end of the devinfo_free
function starting at line 367.  I added the code and recompiled just
that library, and now everything seems to be working ok, except now I'm
getting a bunch of garbage on the serial number of the USB flash drive.
 I'm not sure if it's my code, or if it's a bug in the library.

--
Daniel Rudy