system password's file

Baldur Gislason baldur at foo.is
Fri Oct 14 06:51:08 PDT 2005

This will not work, but I did migrate a 100 users from Linux to FreeBSD
a couple of years ago. What I did was I used an application that comes
with john the ripper called deshadow or something like that to combine
the shadow and the passwd files into a passwd file with the hashes in place.
Then I wrote a perl script to convert the linux passwd file into a BSD
compatible passwd file, and then just appended it to my master.passwd
and rebuilt the database by using vipw.
I'm sure there are applications to do this.

Baldur