hosts.allow

Rob MacGregor freebsd.macgregor at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 8 13:31:21 PDT 2005

On Saturday, October 08, 2005 8:45 PM, Chuck Robey <> unleashed the infinite
monkeys and produced:

> One glaring example, in the man page, the single most commonly
> used token is "ALL" but even though it's used more than any other token,
> it's not defined, even slightly.  What does ALL mean?

Quoting the "hosts_access" man page:

ALL    The universal wildcard, always matches.

> I can't figure out how to use /etc/hosts.allow.  I'm not
> sure if it is, or is not, affecting my rpcbind.

The man page for rpcbind suggests it should, and you can find out (again, from
the man page):

-l      Turn on libwrap connection logging.

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!