problems with disk geometry

Kamal R. Prasad kamalp at acm.org
Sat Oct 8 08:32:41 PDT 2005

I found out that my samsung 1604N hard disk can be partitioned
without any problem (it is now the primary master with a dvd drive as
slave).
.
The problem lies with disklabel. If I use 'A' option in the
sysinstall program's label section,.
it expects to find in /dev ad0s1a, ad0s2a etc.. but these don't show
up in /dev and the labelling procedure fails. Can someone tell me how
to fix this or if this is a bug in this release of freebsd?

thanks
-kamal

On 06-Oct-05, at 9:57 PM, Gayn Winters wrote:

> [...]

Kamal R. Prasad
UNIX systems consultant
http://www.kamalprasad.com/
kamalp at acm.org