Reproduceable freeze with quotas enabled

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 4 01:54:09 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Attila Nagy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an "easily" (at least to me) reproduceable freeze with both
> 6-STABLE and 7-CURRENT on an amd64 SMP machine.
>
> What I do is simply copy a lot of directories, files and symlinks with
> different uids from another machine to this one, using rsync.

This is probably a vnode lock leak or deadlock.  As it looks like you have
both the ability to get into the debugger and also a serial or other
remote console, the output of:

   show allpcpu
   alltrace
   show lockedvnods
   show allocks

would be helpful.  There are also "options DEBUG_LOCKS" which extends the
debugging information available via "show lockedvnods" with information
about where the lock was acquired, which can be quite helpful.

Robert N M Watson