[FreeBSD-Announce] New Logo

Seán C. Farley sean-freebsd at farley.org
Thu Nov 3 05:55:49 PST 2005

On Tue, 1 Nov 2005, Branson Matheson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 04:50:43PM +0100,Ivan Voras did mutter:
>>> Man, I _so_ hope this is a joke...
>>
>> Agreed. The "logo" looks like some anime rendering of a sea mine, and
>> the font really doesn't agree with it.
>
> Since there has been a plethora of negative.. i thought i'd add my
> 2cents..  I think the new logo is pretty cool. Modern and artsy. The
> font is a bit to curved for my tastes .. but it does hilight the
> circular direction of the font ..etc.
>
> Definately keeps with the roots of our Daemon .. while showing we can
> evolve and be more modern. Kudos to the artist and the selecton crew.

I also like it.  OTOH, it reminds me a little of the Saturday morning
(or maybe everyday?) block of kids shows mascot (JETIX[1]).  Some JETIX
images without the feet:  [2] and [3].

When looking at the bottom of the winning example page[4], I like the
look of the two overlapping images in the bottom-left.  It almost
appears that the bottom layer logo has grown a tail.

Seán
   1. http://www.prof1c.ru/tv/images/ch/Jetix.JPG
   2. http://www.thecharactershop.co.uk/portfolio/images/jetix-1.jpg
   3. http://www.thecharactershop.co.uk/portfolio/images/jetix-4.jpg