Screen Resolution

Rob MacGregor freebsd.macgregor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon May 30 23:01:02 PDT 2005

On Monday, May 30, 2005 7:58 PM, Peter Jeremy
<mailto:PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> unleashed the infinite monkeys and
produced:

> On Mon, 2005-May-30 10:30:30 +0100, Rob MacGregor wrote:
>> Looking at VMWare's list of supported client OSs, FreeBSD 5 is only
>> supported in the recently released VMWare 5.
>
> I've run FreeBSD 4.x, 5.x and 6.x as VMware 4.5.2 clients without problems.

So have I (in fact that's how I started using FreeBSD 5.0).  However the drivers
required for their emulated graphics card are only supplied for FreeBSD 4.x with
VMWare 4.5.

It's the same situation as with Solaris x86 - it'll run under VMWare 4.5, but
you're stuck with VESA graphics (though Sun did start including the appropriate
driver with the betas of 10 last year).

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!