Pci Question

Cole cole at opteqint.net
Thu May 5 02:58:02 PDT 2005

Hi

Im trying to write a userland program that writes to the IOPORT BAR's of a pci card. I can find the card and all that fine. But im a
bit lost on exactly what address the IOPORT BAR's would be then? Im using the /dev/pci and pci(4) functions to find the card.

Ive seen in the linux version of those code, that they take the base_address's and then & ~0x03 them, and use that value for reading
and writing with inb_l and outb_l. Ive tried using that on FreeBSD, but with outl and inl, as well as writel and readl, but I keep
getting "Bus error".

Is there perhaps something that I am missing or forgetting, also im running the program as root.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome.

Thanks
/Cole