burndvd instead of growisofs?

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Thu Mar 31 04:36:08 PST 2005

Is anyone working on a 'burndvd'?   I have to use growisofs to burn dvd's in FreeBSD, which means I need a port, so the base system doesn't burn dvd's.  It's no crisis, but wouldn't it be nice if FreeBSD could burn dvd's without a port, without atapicam, etc?

Anyway, I guess this goes in the feature request bucket.  I'm no coder or else I'd send source code instead of this email, but I do have several DVD burners at my disposal for testing.

Eric