organization

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Wed Mar 30 11:11:59 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-Mar-30 09:30:47 -0800, mohamed aslan wrote:
>u took my opinion as an attack,

Your phrasing was provocative (though at least you agree that it's
just your opinion - elsewhere, you continue to claim that your
opinions are facts).

>u just wanna flaming,

Given your statements, I was surprised at how restrained people were.

>u also got off topic "CVS and SVN",

Many people can see areas where the FreeBSD layout is less than ideal.
One major stumbling block to global change is CVS - which can't really
handle renaming files.  CVS's shortcomings are widely known and there
are regular side-discussions on what (if anything) to do about changing.
Since you proposed a major rename, it was reasonable to discuss how
this could be achieved.

>my words were really facts Mr Scott , Linux layout is better than
>FreeBSD layout ,

This is a very subjective statement.  The only "evidence" you've
provided to justify it is that an "ls" on the top level kernel source
directory is shorter on Linux than FreeBSD - without explaining why
the short list is better.  If you are serious about the Linux layout
being better, how about proposing a new layout, providing a list of
rules that define what files go where (so that someone with a new
kernel file to add can identify where it goes), explaining how your
new layout is better than the current layout and providing a mapping
for all current file locations to new file locations.

> FreeBSD performance it better than Linux one ,

Whilst "performance" can be measured, it's impossible to define
overall system performance, irrespective of the hardware or task, as
a single number that can be compared between two systems.

>thnx for silly reply.

I saw very few of those.

>that's why i hate forums and maillists and i should mail this directly
>to the core members.

I'm not sure this is the best way to endear yourself to the FreeBSD
community.  This strikes me as a good way to get yourself added to
personal killfiles.

--
Peter Jeremy