organization

mohamed aslan maslanbsd at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 07:41:27 PST 2005

guys this is not a flame war
but the linux way in arranging the source file is really better than
freebsd way, it's a fact.
however it's easy to rearrange it in 1 min as someone said before.
but i mean this step should be done from the core team.
for example all fs has to go in a subdir called fs
arch specific file should go in subdir called arch/(arch name)
and so on .
if ls the files in freebsd sys subdir , u will got about 54 subdirs
and a makefile while linux contains about 15 subdirs only.

guys, don't take my words against bsd , i admit that the performace of
bsd is much better than linux and i'm planning to change to it as my
primary os. but we can get the good things from linux and through out
the bad ones.

--
I'm Searching For Perfection,
So Even If U Need Portability U've To Use Assembly ;-)