Fwd: 5-STABLE kernel build with icc broken

David Leimbach dleimbac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:23:21 PST 2005

meant to send this to the list too... sorry
> Are you implying DragonFly uses FPU/SIMD?  For that matter does any kernel?

I believe it does use SIMD for some of it's fast memcopy stuff for
it's messaging system
actually.  I remember Matt saying he was working on it.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/kernel/2004-04/msg00262.html

If you can manage the alignment issues it can be a huge win.

Dave