organization

Maxime Henrion mux at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 28 11:11:39 PST 2005

Devon H. O'Dell  wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:42:16PM -0500, c0ldbyte wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, mohamed aslan wrote:
> >
> > >hi guys
> > >it's my first post here, BTW i was a Linux hacker and Linux kernel
> > >mailing list member for 3 years.
> > >
> > >and I've a comment here , i think the freebsd kernel source files
> > >aren't well organized as Linux ones.
> >
> > Well thats nice, Didnt your mommy say once to you before "If you dont have
> > nothing good to say then dont say nothing" ?. Thats not a really detailed
> > look into where you think the files are not well organized. Personly I
> > think you have had your head stuck in the Linux culture to long to comment
> > on anything going on with the Freebsd code or how the system is layed out.
>
> Perhaps you should take a bit of your own advice `c0ldbyte'. I'm
> personally sick of your condescending attitude towards everybody
> on the public lists. Cut it out.

Fully seconded.  Even though it clearly wasn't a brilliant idea to
criticize FreeBSD source code organization without giving a single
reason or example, Mohamed clearly didn't deserve to be flamed like
this.  A bit more diplomacy wouldn't hurt here...

Now responding to Mohamed, I'm really surprised to see you writing this.
I've banged my head against the wall so many times to locate some piece
of source code in the Linux kernel that I really cannot understand you.
For the most part, I find the FreeBSD source organization simply great.
There are many criticisms one can legitimally do against FreeBSD, but
that one sounds just wrong.

Cheers,
Maxime