organization

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:40:46 PST 2005

mohamed aslan wrote this message on Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 10:01 -0800:
> it's my first post here, BTW i was a linux hacker and linux kernel
> mailing list member for 3 years.
>
> and i've a comment here , i think the freebsd kernel source files
> aren't well organized as linux ones.

If you are going to provide criticism, you should provide some reasons..
and/or examples of why...

It's like me saying that the Linux kernel build infastructure isn't
very clean...  and then giving no reason for it...

but I'm not going to be like you, and give you a reason:
I can't speek for current versions of Linux, but older ones if you
changed a small part of your kernel config, it would require you to
rebuild the entire kernel source tree...  With FreeBSD, I can add or
remove drivers, and my new kernel will be done in about a minute...
Much nicer...

Please provide more content in your messages to this list...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579