Kpdf and -march=pentium4?

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Sat Mar 26 09:27:06 PST 2005

> I noticed that while making kdegraphics from ports, if
> "-march=pentium4" is in the compiler flags, I will finally get a
> non-working kpdf. It compiles fine but when I try to open a pdf
> file, kdpf will core dupm. But a kpdf compiled without
> "-march=pentium4" will work just fine.

> For this reason, should we put something in kdegraphics3's Makefile
> to prevent a bad kdpf? E.g. a patch like this:

kdegraphics3 compiled with CPUTYPE=p4, CGLAGS=-Os -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing works fine here.  Worked with KDE 3.3.x, and
still works with KDE 3.4.

I've tested it with small PDFs (2 or 3 pages) and large PDFs (30+
pages), and everything works fine for me.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca