security or lack thereof

Chris Hodgins christopher.hodgins at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 13:53:42 PST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 12:48:48 -0700 (MST), M. Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
> In message: <200503230304.j2N34R97020359 at vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
>             jnemeth at victoria.tc.ca (John Nemeth) writes:
> :      So, is it FreeBSD policy to ignore security bug reports?  I sent
> : the following bug report to security at freebsd.org on Feb. 19th, 2005 and
> : it still hasn't been acted on.  This total lack of action on an
> : extremely simple (and silly) three year old bug doesn't give one the
> : warm fuzzies.  Heck, it took 48 hours to get a response from a security
> : officer, and another 24 hours to get something from the guilty
> : developer.
>
> You should learn to send it to the right place:
> security-officer at freebsd.org.
>
> Warner

He did send it to the correct place.  Otherwise the documentation is wrong:

-------from http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html-----------
All FreeBSD Security issues should be reported directly to the
Security Officer Team (security at FreeBSD.org) personally or otherwise
to the Security Officer (security-officer at FreeBSD.org).