Freebsd 5.3 hangs under heavy load????

Amandeep aman at chamkila.org
Wed Mar 23 14:51:31 PST 2005

Hi again,

I have two Seagate SCSI drives 36GB and 8GB RAM and installed 5.3-REL with
PAE and SMP support.
Now the problem arises that the system hangs under heavy load and there
are no error messages nothing. I have to hard boot it everytime it hangs.

Then I  tried with only SMP and the machine still hangs. I tried using
New memory and a Maxtor 36Gb SCSI drive , still hangs but was up for
longer perios 13hrs..
Any one know about this problem.
Alos tried with 5.4-Prerelease same results.
Any help would be great,

Scott any help.

Thanks