Freebsd 5.3 problem

Amandeep Pannu aman at chamkila.org
Tue Mar 15 15:58:38 PST 2005

Hi Jason
> On 03/14/05 15:34:59, Amandeep Pannu wrote:
>> Hi Kris,
>>
>> I had this problem before and I changed the MB and the memory and
>> today it
>> did the same thing it did before.
>> memtest doesnt give any errors.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Memtest86 right?  There is another that you run in an os like any other
> program.  Did you leave memtest86 running over night or the weekend?
> How are your temps under load?  Do you use a ups?

The system is in Co-lo so no power problems. Yes memtest86. I did run for
the whole weekend. No errors.
I need to check the loads if the system comes up. it just shut down.
It gave me this error message.
Mar 15 03:52:14 d03 kernel: amr0: bad slot 17 completed

I read under many lists that the amr drives dies under heavy loads.
But what about the system not going through post and giving

RAM R/W failure.

I am confused!!:(