6to4, stf and shoebox NAT routers

Nick Sayer nsayer at kfu.com
Fri Mar 11 16:38:38 PST 2005

Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:

>I posted my proposed patch to current@ for review in the past.  But,
>no one responded.  Could you test this?  This is for 6-CURRENT at Feb 1.
>If it doesn't apply cleanly, please let me know.

Domo arigato gozaimasu!

It had fuzz when applied to 5.3-RELEASE, but it did apply.

I am at work, behind the wrong firewall, so I cannot test this
completely, but with your patch applied and turned on, I can see that
configuring my machine (which lives in 172.16 space) with a "foreign"
6to4 prefix on stf0 results in ping6 packets being transmitted correctly
(tcpdump shows a correct ipv6 packet and shows an ipv4 header with the
packet being from my 172.16 machine and going to the correct
destination). I have high hopes that the return side will work when it's
deployed for real.