Global / Cluster / Shared filesystem for FreeBSD?

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri Mar 11 06:56:35 PST 2005

Speaking of filesytems :),  I have a real need for a global filesystem (or shared fs, or clustered fs, or whatever), and my favorite OS doesn't have one (that I know of!).  I saw that a few years back a few people were working on getting GFS working on FreeBSD, but there's no recent mention of that.

Is anyone working on this, or would someone like to work on it?  I am not much of a code guru, but I have the resources to test this technology under all types of loads, and we are currently using a commercial software to handle my needs (polyserve - which they have flat out told me 'no' for FreeBSD support), but I would much prefer to be on FreeBSD.

Eric