Failed to compile Gridengine 6.0u3 on FreeBSD

Scott D. Smith sdsmith at telnix.com
Tue Mar 8 11:11:48 PST 2005

SGE installed flawlessly from ports on my miriad of 5.3 systems, most of
which are/were fresh clean installs. Checking what ports does to make it
work should answer your question.

On Mon, March 7, 2005 7:11 pm, Ron Chen said:
> I just got access to a FreeBSD 5.3 box, and I find
> that Gridengine (SGE) fails to compile. (SGE 5.3p6 was
> OK on FreeBSD 4.x/5.x)
>
> I find that it is caused by pthread_t is undefined.
> For Linux, "sys/types.h" includes
> "bits/pthreadtypes.h", and thus it's OK - and other
> OSes are similar too.
>
> So I am wondering if it is a bug in FreeBSD, or if
> Gridengine really needs to include pthread.h to get
> pthread_t.
>
> BTW, for people interested, Gridengine is an
> opensource batch/cluster scheduler. For more info:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net
>
>  -Ron

-      Oregon Public Communications, Inc.      -
-    www.oregonvoices.org - 1-866-485-3979     -
- Telnix, Inc. - www.telnix.com - 541-485-3979 -