FUD about CGD and GBDE

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Mar 3 17:15:43 GMT 2005

In message <20050303165918.26C633700F at arioch.imrryr.org>, Roland Dowdeswell writes:

>I chose CGD with AES256 for two reasons.  First I wanted to compare
>systems with comparable performance.

	"More computing sins are committed in the name of efficiency
	(without necessarily achieving it) than for any other single
	reason - including blind stupidity."

				-- W.A.Wulf

GBDE has two major designgoals: Security and Usability/Deployability.

Performance is somewhere down the list after those two.

I'm looking forward to seeing something from you which amounts to more
than name-calling and hand-waving.