FUD about CGD and GBDE

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Mar 3 16:31:45 GMT 2005

In message <200503021910.j22JAGCH081224 at marlena.vvi.at>, "ALeine" writes:

>Not necessarily, if one were to implement the ideas I proposed
>I believe the performance could be kept at the same level as now.

I gave up on journalling myself because IMO it complicates
things a lot and the problem it solves is very very small.

The impact in disk seeks is non-trivial to predict, but it is
very hard to argue that it will not lead to an increase in
disk seeks.  (This is really a variant of the age old argument
between jounaling filesystems and "traditional" filesystems)

I can only recommend that you try :-)

We need more ideas and more people trying out ideas.