NMI handlers ??

Dipjyoti Saikia dipjyoti.saikia at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:18:04 GMT 2005

Hi,

I am working on IPMI watchdog implementation . The problem that I am
facing is that in case of improper system shutdown or  powerfail the
watchdog keeps running and the next time system boots up , BIOS
complains of FRB2 timeout and fails one of the CPU's ( Working on SMP
system ) .

My idea is to handle NMI generated by abruptly pushing power button
and disabling the timer in the routine.

Can we have a handlers for NMI ?? I am not very sure what is happening
inside the kernel when NMI is delivered .

Please provide me some inputs.

Dip