IPv4 Link Local support in FreeBSD

Andrea Campi andrea+freebsd_hackers at webcom.it
Fri Jul 22 07:44:40 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 09:11:01AM +0200, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> Hi Arul,
>
> >    Does FreeBSD support IPv4 Link Local addresses as per RFC 3927 ?
>
> I think it's being worked on.  IIRC, this is called zeroconf.  You can
> check the archive for this word if you want to know more.

Better yet, check freebsd-net's archives, as that is where networking
discussions happen...

You can also search for howl, as that's the name of the package that is
being used to provide that functionality.

That said, I worked on getting the drive behave better; I offered to work
with people to integrate the functionality in the rcNG framework, and to
work with upstream maintainers to integrate any patches back into howl's
distribution.
Nobody showed any interest whatsoever in seeing this happen, so I had
to quit working on this.

Bye,
	Andrea

--