OpenBSD's netcat in base or ports?

Coleman Kane zombyfork at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 10:46:32 PST 2005

I agree. I think even tcpdump, libpcap, and ssl stuff should be in
ports. Currently these are in the src/contrib tree. I know they
currently have utility there for the base system. We moved the base
away from perl dependence, I think these dependencies should be worked
out as well. I really dislike -stable and -release
having out-of-date versions of these packages.

This is only my personal opinion. I think the WITH_XXXX_OVERWITE_BASE
make options help substantiate it, however.