Rawsock bpf mambo jambo?

DJF deiif at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 01:46:50 PST 2005

Hi everybody,

I've recently been looking into raw socket programming. However there's still a question that remains. Maybe it's just a case of RTFM, if so point me to a good manual on the topic.
The man pages indicate that you can do read and write operations with rawsock aswell as bpf. However, in all of the source codes I found, a raw socket was used to write to, and bpf was used to read from the interface.

What's the advantage in using the rawsock bpf combination instead of
bpf (or raw socket) only?

Thx in advance,
	dave

--
Encrypt your emails! My PGPkeyID: 0xA37C182D
   _