freebsd problem: Cannot detect Hard Disk (SATA) RELENG_4

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Mon Jan 24 15:27:30 PST 2005

Julian Elischer writes:
| Doug, could you comit your patchsets to RELENG_4?

I could but have not been given an okay from RE.  What I've proposed
to do before is commit the base HW support without my RAID and other
enhancements.  This is essentially taking the stuff from 5-current
HW only bits to 4.X.  That would let people use the HW.  Then
fix some ATA/FreeBSD bugs so machines don't hang and panic.  I don't
plan to bring in my RAID enhancements since then if people upgrade
to 5.X/6.X they will lose functionality.

Very little of the core ata code in 4.X has to change since I have
compatibility macros to make it transparent.  The bug fixes tweak some
of the ata core code.

My employer would give me time to do this.

| Doug Ambrisko wrote:
|
| >Dmitry Morozovsky writes:
| >| On Sat, 22 Jan 2005, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
| >|
> [...]

| >|
| >| BTW2: here is small patch to support Promise SATA PDC20376 controller found
 on
| >| our Albatron MB
| >
| >[ Attachment, skipping... ]
| >
| >Thanks for the patch.  It will go in the next patch set.  I should make
| >a new one fairly soon since I initially prevented the Promise stuff from
| >using PIO but found out we need PIO for crash dumps.  I need to test
| >the PIO change.  It was pretty trivial since there is already stuff
| >to deal with this.

Actually it looks like I did test it a while back so it should be ready
to go if someone is interested in testing it to make sure the PCI ID's
are right (Dmitry?).

It's at:
	http://www.ambrisko.com/doug/ata/ata_stable_sata_8.patch

Thanks,