Wireless SENAO SL-2511CD

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Jan 20 11:06:19 PST 2005

In message: <41ED679D.6030800 at nlink.com.br>
            Paulo Fragoso <paulo at nlink.com.br> writes:
: Hi,
:
: We have a NIC wireless SENAO SL-2511CD, it has chipset Prism 3.0. When
: using kernel with new cbb it doesn't work with FreeBSD 5.3:
:
: Jan 18 10:58:41 teste1 kernel: pccard0: <unknown card>
: (manufacturer=0x000b, product=0x7100) at function 0
: Jan 18 10:58:41 teste1 kernel: pccard0:    CIS info: WLAN,
: 11Mbps_PC-Card_3.0, ISL37100P
:
: This way, we have decided to use OLDCARD kernel (card + pcic) and write
: a new entry for this card in pccard.conf:
:
: # SENAO
: card "WLAN" "11Mbps_PC-Card_3.0"
:          config  auto "wi" ?
:          insert  /etc/pccard_ether $device start
:          remove  /etc/pccard_ether $device stop
:
: All works fine, including ifconcif hostap option!
:
: Where we can hack to make this card work using new cbb (cardbus bridge
: driver)?

I've committed this to NEWCARD.

Breifly, one adds the device to pccarddevs and then adds the card to
if_wi_pccard.c.

Warner