freebsd problem: Cannot detect Hard Disk (SATA)

Søren Schmidt sos at DeepCore.dk
Wed Jan 19 06:09:01 PST 2005

yoke an wrote:

>   >Could you try 5.3? I think 4.8 does not support SATA well, if at all.
>   On
>   >contrary, I am using SATA on 5.3 without problems, the last time I
>   tried 4.10
>   >all I got was unknown disk or something like this.
>
>   >Milan
>
>   Thanks. I knew 5.3 is work very well. But due to my application that
>   only support 4.8, so I need a way out to install 4.8.

4.x doesn't have the framework to support SATA, and never will, without
lots of work (which IMO would be a total waste of time).

Have you tried that application under 5.3 at all?
What is the problem(s) ?

--

-Søren