nForce3 NIC on 5.3 (i386)

Sven Ahtama sven at orionis.net
Tue Jan 18 23:35:57 PST 2005

Hello folks,

Anyone here who have managed to get the nForce3 MCP NIC to work with
FreeBSD 5.3 on i386 platform?

After several hours of retries and kernel configuration i managed to get
the if_nv.ko successfully loaded. No complaints, no errors, but also, no
 nv0 device found. Just like it didn't exist. I also read that one of
the common problems in such cases was the agp driver, however i'm not
even using one. Even more, I tried a kernel run entirely without agp
support.

I got the if_nv loaded as module and tried compiled-in as well.

I'd really appreciate any pointers, or a conclusive confirmation, that
there is no success yet.

Regards,

chance.