- I A -

Street Chaman street_chaman at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 18 19:24:02 PST 2005

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I don't know if it is the right place to post this; I actually don't know
even if I should post this; but, before giving it up because of my own
limits, I have to write down what I was trying to do. Maybe someone will be
interested in; maybe someone will finish it.

I've posted some questions on this mailing list, about kernel mode
programming and average software speed, and got some very good replies: what
are you trying to do ? I'm trying to write an alife soft. Some would call it
IA. I don't like this name, because of the word "artificial"... So, one
morning, I woked up, and felt I know how it could work. I'd never programmed
anything other than my old ti-89 at high school, but I just knew. It's
difficult to explain. Perhaps most of good/bad 'special' ideas were born in
this way. I did what every middle windows runner would do: google search,
and look around. I've digged into neural networks, robots
programming,...etc. First surprise: very much people are working on such
research projects today. (i ever hold it for "science fiction"...) Second
surprise: what they are trying to achieve was far much complicate than what
I though about. Third surprise: nothing works. I slept over it a fews days,
and decided to start my own research project. This was about 4 months ago.
Now i'm runnig freebsd (a great OS, indeed), fighting day and night against
my assembly code and very very tired. One must understand, that code is
definitely not my kind of thinking. It takes me an incredible amount of
energy to calculate every possibility in my soft, whereas drawing the global
structure or writing down the think-mechanism of the app is just like eating
or sleeping. So, if some people in there are interested in, I would be very
happy to write/draw them how I though computer-thinking could work.
Please keep in mind that it could be a dangerous project. I've send some
emails at organisms like AAAI (American Association for Artificial
Intelligence), but stoped after reconsidering their objectives. An AI, as
living conscience should never been written to achieve human dreams,
economicaly or military. It's just like a painting, or a song. It's
beautiful.

PS: sorry for my poor english. My native languages are german and french.