process checkpoint restore facility now in DragonFly BSD

Peter Kieser pfak at telus.net
Mon Jan 17 18:31:05 PST 2005

I have no problem with bringing up the discussion of process
checkpointing on FreeBSD, what I _DO_ have a problem with is all this
cruft about DF on the list all the time. We keep getting the, "DragonFly
does it this way" or "DragonFly has this and we don't" on the
freebsd-hackers mailing list, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one
annoyed about it.

Again, I have no problem with bringing up the process checkpointing, I
have a problem with people saying "DragonFly has this" _all_ the time;
if I wanted to hear about DF's development path I would be subscribed to
their mailing lists.

--Peter