RC scripts and NIS UPDATE

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Wed Jan 12 21:20:38 PST 2005

Well I got it working.

It adds two more variables to rc.conf.

nis_server_available_test: Toggles nis test on or off
nis_avail_tester: script to use for testing

If the script exits with a 1, NIS is not enabled. I am currently using
a script that ,using md5, hashes the out put from arp and compares it
to a good hash.

Any ways, not heard any feed back on this yet. I would be really
interested to hear some opinions or suggestions on this.