ASIX AX88172 & OS X?

Kris Tilford ktilford at aol.com
Mon Jan 10 02:26:22 PST 2005

I saw you wrote a FreeBSD driver for the ASIX AX88172 ethernet/usb
chipset.
I'm using OS X Panther and would like to be able to enable
Ethernet-over-USB.
The device I have is a Belkin USB 2.0 Dockstation with an
Ethernet-to-USB adpater based on the AX88172 chipset.

I'm using some Apple developer USB kexts that have an extension that
seems to start to load and then disconnects, it's called
AppleUSBCDCEthernet.kext.
I'm not a programmer, so I'm kinda out of my league, but I think I need
an extension to enable this completely.
Probably this extension would need to explicitly name my device by
vendor ID# & Product ID# in the info.plist? (these are0x0B95 & 0x1720)
I assume your FreeBSD driver could be easily ported to OS X, I could
probably figure out how to do it, but I thought I'd ask you for advice
since I'm 100% sure you know lots more than I.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Thanks!

Kris Tilford - Topeka, Kansas