ALTQ support in vr(4)?

Olof Samuelsson olof at s8n.se
Fri Jan 7 12:39:09 PST 2005

Sorry for wasting everyones bandwidth and time .. thanks to Dominic
Marks I have re-read my own question and actually *read* the altq(9)
manpage in addition to the altq(4) manpage... I make the conclusion
that if the IFQ_* macros are used in the driver source, the driver is
ALTQified.

I also draw the conclusion that vr(4) supports ALTQ and will test this
later this weekend.  I guess that the release notes are a little wrong
too.

BR,
Olof

Olof>  Hello, I've noticed a discrepancy between the ALTQ manpage and
Olof>  the release notes (both in 5.3):

Olof>  altq(4) says: SUPPORTED DEVICES
Olof>       The driver modifications described in altq(9) and required
Olof>       to use a certain network card with ALTQ have been applied
Olof>       to the following hardware drivers an(4), ath(4), awi(4),
Olof>       bfe(4), dc(4), em(4), fxp(4), hme(4), lnc(4), wi(4),
Olof>       de(4), rl(4), sis(4), vr(4)
---------------------------------------------------------------->
!!!!!
Olof>       and xl(4).

Olof>  Whereas http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/relnotes-i386.html
Olof>  says:

Olof>  The ALTQ framework has been imported from a KAME snapshot as of
Olof>  7 June
Olof> 2004. This import breaks ABI compatibility of struct ifnet and
Olof>      requires all network drives to be recompiled. Additionally,
Olof>      some of the networking drivers have been modified to
Olof>      support the ALTQ framework. Updated drivers are bfe(4),
Olof>      em(4), fxp(4), em(4), lnc(4), tun(4), de(4), rl(4), sis(4),
Olof>      and xl(4).

Olof>  Which list is correct?  What should I look for in the driver
Olof>  source?

Olof>  Btw, em(4) is mentioned twice in the release notes ... hme(4)?

Olof>  BR, Olof
Olof> --
Olof>  | Olof Samuelsson - olof at s8n.se | | olof s12345678n - private
Olof>  mail |