ALTQ support in vr(4)?

Olof Samuelsson olof at s8n.se
Fri Jan 7 10:00:42 PST 2005

Hello, I've noticed a discrepancy between the ALTQ manpage and the
release notes (both in 5.3):

altq(4) says:
SUPPORTED DEVICES
     The driver modifications described in altq(9) and required to use
     a certain network card with ALTQ have been applied to the
     following hardware drivers an(4), ath(4), awi(4), bfe(4), dc(4),
     em(4), fxp(4), hme(4), lnc(4), wi(4), de(4), rl(4), sis(4), vr(4)
---------------------------------------------------------------->!!!!!
     and xl(4).

Whereas http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/relnotes-i386.html says:

The ALTQ framework has been imported from a KAME snapshot as of 7 June
    2004. This import breaks ABI compatibility of struct ifnet and
    requires all network drives to be recompiled. Additionally, some
    of the networking drivers have been modified to support the ALTQ
    framework. Updated drivers are bfe(4), em(4), fxp(4), em(4),
    lnc(4), tun(4), de(4), rl(4), sis(4), and xl(4).

Which list is correct?  What should I look for in the driver source?

Btw, em(4) is mentioned twice in the release notes ... hme(4)?

BR,
Olof
--
| Olof Samuelsson - olof at s8n.se  |