Using PCMCIA ATA adaptor

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Tue Jan 4 03:49:22 GMT 2005

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> : ata2: <PC CARD MANUFACTURER PCMCIA ATA/ATAPI Adapter> at port 0x180-0x187,0x386-0x387 irq 11 function 0 config 37 on pccard0
>
> Is the drive master or slave?

Master.  I'm starting to think that although it claims to be an ATA
adaptor, it will only recognise Kingston-brand disks (it was designed to
clone smaller disks to a bigger Kingston drive as an upgrade).

Kingston have verified the driver only works with their disks, so it's not
beyond the realms of possibility that the adaptor will as well.  I should
dig out the old disk and try it (if it still works).

-- Dave