Firewire blues

Ulrich Spoerlein q at uni.de
Wed Feb 16 05:09:23 PST 2005

On Wed, 16.02.2005 at 13:10:22 +0100, Gerald Heinig wrote:
> >When dcons_crom is loaded (module or not) and I boot my system (laptop),
> >I only get the "kernel output" on screen. All the other output (starting
> >from Mounting root from ufs) goes to the firewire console.
>
> I don't know whether this will break other stuff, but in the course of
> my attempts to get the setup working, I tried setting
>
> options		DCONS_FORCE_CONSOLE=1
>
> This caused all the output of the console to go to the Firewire port. I
> could log in etc. as normal on the console (over Firewire of course).

This is backwards. I _don't_ want to have the console on the firewire
port, I want/need it on the local keyboard/display (aka syscons)
console.

The firewire is just for on-demand debugging (hangs, panics, stuff), it
shouldn't interfere with normal usage.

Right now, I would need two kernel and a reboot in between to get the
desired functionality.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44