Senao Wireless Hidden SSID

Daniel Dias Gonçalves ddg at yan.com.br
Tue Feb 15 02:25:19 PST 2005

Luiz,

NetBSD 2.0 have mode HIDDEN SSID in ifconfig and wi(4) ?
Who is porting the NetBSD wi driver ? Has a page of the patch?
Has some HACK  to wi driver on FreeBSD as that one that force TX RATE:

--------//--------
http://excamera.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi
Sun, 16 May 2004

*wi hostap fix, kind of*
I spent a few hours tinkering (tampering?) with this driver, and have a
fix. I've verified that it works: my download speed went up from 170
kbytes/sec to 470 kbytes/sec, which is what I'd expect on an 11Mbps
network. If anyone's interested, here it is: The Intersil manual on page
4-28 says that transmit packets need to have their TxRate field filled
in with 10,20,55 or 110, depending on the transmission speed. The 4.X
driver sets the field tx_frame.wi_tx_rate in function wihap_check_tx(),
called from wi_start(). The 5.X driver calls this field
frmhdr.wi_tx_rate, and leaves it zero. If you want to run at 11MBps, add
a line

                  frmhdr.wi_tx_rate = 110;

in wi_start(), just before the call to wi_write_bap(). (Obviously, this
is just a cheesy hack. The real code would have to find the actual tx
rate. I just want to point out where the problem lies).

[]s Daniel Dias Gonçalves