Devilator - performance monitoring for FreeBSD

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Sun Feb 13 05:51:18 PST 2005

Andrew J Caines wrote:
> I'd also vouch for collecting orcallator data using rsync over ssh from the
> client systems to the cruching and report generating server.

Wait until you would like to do a larger server park. Then you start
running into performance issues because you nee to setup a full ssh/tcp
connection. Whereas SNMP-v3 over UDP is a lot faster and simpler. And it
is not like you are transporting majore security type data????

I'm still using a large number of hosts with v1 and IP-number locking as
"security".

--WjW